Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Day of Food

I had a bit of difficulty with this lab as most of the food I actually eat is not listed or is not in the proper fat/carbs/protein ratio that I normally consume.





How healthy a daily diet do you think this is? Why?

My diet overall is pretty healthy. I am still overweight (again thanks to the evils of prednisone), but my blood pressure and pulse are good (110/68 and 72 bpm.) I have recently quit drinking soda and started drinking a lot more water again. I have an autoimmune disease similar to lupus and I find that the healthier I eat, the better I feel.

-What would you change about this day's eating, if anything?

I probably need to consume a few more calories and lower my fat intake somewhat. My normal fat intake is less than 20 grams per day. The diet does not reflect hydration which is very important. Sometimes thirst is mistaken for hunger. I probably did not drink enough water that day.

-Do you find this kind of nutritional tracking helpful? Why or why not?


I find tracking helpful at times but it can lead to the point of obsessing over every little thing you consume. When I was very heavy, I tried a lot of different eating styles and found counting fat grams the most helpful.

1 comment:

Amdel Herbal said...

Hi…..!
It’s Great
Your post is much knowledgeable for me. If you looking
high blood pressure this is a good site you should visit